image source: Flaming Text

Friday, April 4, 2014

A Busy Day with the Kids

I want to thank every for being so encouraging.  Over the past week, I've had messages from lots of women who've told me their stories.  I've had people who said they supported my posts and having gone public about our living separately.   Thank you. It means a lot to know there is love out there.

The most important piece of my life is my children.  We have four; 3 daughters and a son.  CC is 11 years old.  SS is 8 years old.  Little M is almost three years old and our youngest B is one year old.  Little M and B have primarily lived with me over the last 6 months as they have a few more needs that only a mama can really provide.  CC and SS had some activities they needed to finish up at the old house and for now the plan is for them to stay here with me on a more long term basis as soon as their activities are over.

CC was with us yesterday and we had so much fun.  The night before I made my first attempt at homemade ice cream.  I was discouraged from using the ice cream maker at the other house so I splurged and got a cheap one for my house.  I didn't realize I was supposed to freeze the bowl for 6 hours and so to prevent so much disappointment I promised to make it first thing in the morning and we'd have ice cream and pancakes for breakfast.  After a few more bumps in the road, we made the ice cream with coconut milk and it was so good!

Then it was time to head off to the pool for a swim practice in which I felt particularly good. I was late arriving as usual and this time that meant sharing a lane with different people.  To my surprise, due to a little miracle call drafting, I was able to keep up and even complete the longer distances on time.  It was a good feeling.

After a quick lunch, we were off to watch a soccer game in which CC played an awesome game of goalie only letting two by her in the last 5 min. of the game.  The last she played this team, the other team scored so many goals I lost count.

We dropped the little ones off at a child care center I use frequently so I can get my work done.  Instead of heading home to get my work done, we headed over to a local sports store to participate in a "scavenger hunt" in which CC and I ran/walked 3 miles to get raffle tickets.  We didn't win anything but we had such a good time together.  And that's the way exercise should be!

Then we picked up the little ones and headed home to work for real Thank goodness all days aren't so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment