image source: Flaming Text

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Health/Fitness Week in Review

Right now this probably seems more like a triathlon training blog. It's not my intent but it's definitely part of my self discovery at this point.

Last week, I told you about my weight loss plan.  It's a little late but today, I want to recap how it's going. We did end up eating out a couple of times last week due to travel and lack of groceries.

My fitness week:
Saturday: Biked 7 with friend (mtn bike)
Sunday: Biked 23 miles with a tri club
Monday: ran 3 and 1/2 miles pushing two year old.
Tuesday: about 2000 m or so at swim practice.
Wednesday: off
Thursday: about 2000 m or so at swim practice.
Friday: 2.5 miles running. 1 mile walking.
Saturday: OFF
Sunday: Sprint Triathlon
Monday: swim (one of those keep moving for 40 min. types of workouts)
Tuesday: OFF (appear to be getting ill)

My training actually looks a lot better when I write it out than it did as I was doing it.  My plans are to include group runs, spin sessions, and hopefully a 3rd swim day in the future.  Some of this will depend on the local schedules of local tri clubs.

As far as nutrition, I need to make getting groceries a priority even if I dread taking toddlers to the store.

Weight report
My jeans appear to be fitting better overall. Although tempting when I went to the gym yesterday, I'm not going to weigh myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment