image source: Flaming Text

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Last night, we all piled in the car and headed up to his house.   It's so hard for K and I to communicate sometimes and it shows in simple things like packing the car.  It takes forever as both of us are careful to make sure we aren't the only one doing all the work.  It was 11 o'clock by the time we left my house for his.  The kids make so much noise every time we go some where and we didn't want to attract the attention of the neighborhood that late. So we told them to pretend they were the Von Trapp family escaping in the The Sound of Music.  That actually worked.  I wonder if they'd do that during the day.  After we turned around 3 times to get things K needed, we were on our way.

We arrived at K's house after midnight.  He needed to check on his dog and her puppies.  They were all fine but did need some tending too.  Meanwhile I got the youngest kids settled into our old house. We were all sleeping by 1:30am.

At 6am I hear the dog barking and some other odd sounds.  K goes to check on the dog and doesn't come back for a very long time during which the gun shots of hunting season start.  Needless to say, there was no sleep to be had.  Before we knew it, the kids were awake to watch the parades and dog show.

K is our family chef. Mostly, because he is hypercritical of anyone else that steps in the kitchen so I just let him do it.  I was disappointed when he said he was going to fix instant mashed potatoes because I really don't like them.  I do love garlic mashed potatoes with nothing added (except garlic ofcourse!) and the lumps still there.  However, in K's mind, I've said i don't like instant mashed potatoes so I just don't like mashed potatoes at all.  In the end, he forgot the potatoes altogether but we had lots of other wonderful foods including a turkey.

After the big meal, we picked some luffas K planted and then we peeled as many as we could.

Later I got on the computer to shop for boots for Cupcake.  It was really stressful.  I asked for his card to charge the boots.  He dragged his feet. I asked about what size he thought I should order her. His opinion wasn't forthcoming. And because I did not make the decisions on my own, I lost the boots and had to buy a more expensive pair.   My need for support, resulted in a melt down and damages on K's part.  He doesn't see how anyone could need emotional support while shopping.

What do you think? Is it possible that I'm actually too needy after all these years of getting very little emotional support?

No comments:

Post a Comment